Sunday, November 2, 2008

“One touch, one glance, can change a whole life.”

“He looked just like an ordinary man, with nothing remarkable about Him. He used the simplest language, and I thought, ‘Can this man be a great teacher?’ I crept near him and asked him the questions which I had been asking others all my life. ‘Do you believe in God, Sir?’ ‘Yes’. ‘How can you?’ ‘Because I see Him just as I see you here, only in a much more intense sense.’ That impressed me at once. For the first time I found a person who dared to say that he saw God, that religion was a reality, to be felt, to be sensed in an infinitely more intense way than we can sense the world. I began to go to that man, day after day, and I actually saw that religion could be given. One touch, one glance, can change a whole life.”

-Swami Vivekananda about his guru, Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa

1 comment:

Saurav said...

Wheels are moving!!

Happy birth day to LOC !!

Popular Posts